Thursday, July 26, 2007

Doing a nice thing


Sometimes doing a nice thing is SO easy, and we just don't do it for whatever reason we give ourselves. Anyhow, I was in Aspen, CO on a client shoot, and one of the speakers at the event was Buzz Aldrin, the 2nd man on the moon, and an ardent supporter of space exploration (that's him & I in the picture).

Now it just happens that my father (Frank Marsden, Jr.) designed two the radar systems on the Lunar Landing Module that carried Buzz to the moon's surface. After I introduced myself to Buzz (I was the video director after all...), I told him about my dad's work on the LLM, to which he replied, "well, he obviously did a good job 'cause it got us home!" He saw my camera and suggested that we get a photo together for my dad. I was so busy telling him about my dad's work that I hadn't even thought of that, and a good friend snapped the above photo. It totally made my dad's day to see his son with a national hero like Buzz.

Again, a really simple thing, but with profound effects. My point is go ahead today and make someone's day. It's generally easy, and the results are totally worth it!

No comments: